Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quote for the Long Weekend

We have come upon a holiday weekend here in the UK (yipee!) and my boyfriend and I are headed to Germany.

I won't be posting for a few days, so I will leave you all with one of my favorite quotes*. My mom and I discovered this morsel of wisdom and loveliness right around the first anniversary of my stepdad's death. We were in Sephora, walking by the philosophy section, when the Amazing Grace eau de toilette caught our eye.

A couple mornings ago, I realized that my Amazing Grace shampoo bottle has the same quote, and it's just as meaningful to me today as it was those years ago:

"how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and so it is with life, which for many of us become one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light."

Grace. Sometimes - many times - that really is all it takes.

Have a great weekend!

*By the way, for those of you grammar and spelling enthusiasts out there, I do know that I should be using the word "quotations" instead of "quotes" but I just like the short word better. Please take no offense.

No comments: