Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cancer Nerd Kudos to Applegate

I was so sad to hear of Christina Applegate's breast cancer diagnosis. The announcement came only five days after another, more positive cancer-related announcement: her participation in the Stand Up to Cancer telecast on September 5. But perhaps the best news of all is that Applegate still plans to participate in the show.

Phew! That was a lot of links there.

I have always loved Christina Applegate. I never really got into "Married With Children" but I always thought she was beautiful, and I was always impressed that she never fell prey to the perils of Hollywood fame. She just seems very down-to-earth. And she is genuinely talented! They don't show "Samantha Who?" here in the UK but it looks supercute and I'm happy she's had this re-boost to her career.

I'm happier, of course, that her diagnosis is an early and positive one, and that she is expected to make a full recovery. And I'm really glad that she will still appear on the SU2C telethon. She will be getting a lot more attention than she would have otherwise, so kudos to her for having the courage to stand as a survivor mere weeks after her diagnosis.

You go girl!

No comments: