Friday, June 13, 2008

Stand Up To Cancer

This is amazing!

I have just scratched the surface of this website, but WOW. On September 5, 2008, the US television networks ABC, CBS, and NBC are joining together to air a one-hour "interactive television special" that will hopefully raise gazillions of dollars for cancer research.

How cool that this unprecedented joint effort of the three major networks is focused on cancer. While there are plenty other causes out there that merit this kind of attention, of course I believe that cancer deserves it most, as it is a disease that does not discriminate, and attacks at random. While there are certain things we can do that can help ward off cancer, at the end of the day it affects us all somehow. I am thrilled that these networks have recognized the urgency of this cause. Kudos to the Entertainment Industry Foundation for making this happen.

Besides being a celebrity phonathon (ooh! I wonder who will be answering the phones! Makes me wish I were in the States... I will definitely be encouraging my friends and family to call in and donate), the special will also focus on the latest research and advances in conquering this disease.

This is fabulous. I am going back to the website right now to find out more!

No comments: