Friday, June 20, 2008

Cancer Quote Friday!

As we greet another fabulous Friday, with brains fried by the week and flitting toward the weekend, it is my pleasure to offer someone else's wisdom for your consideration.*


"Cancer is a stubborn disease, revealing its secrets grudgingly, and scientific progress is measured in inches, or better yet, in extra days survived. In a country conditioned to extraordinary success - to conquering the wilderness, to winning wars, to putting men on the moon - a country where most people count on getting their own way, cancer's intransigence bears witness to human frailty. "

- James S. Olson, Bathsheba's Breast: Women, Cancer, and History


Book review coming next week!


*Read: I may or may not be feeling too lazy to write my own post. I think I will stick with this theme for Fridays from now on...

No comments: