Thursday, June 26, 2008

Exciting Writing News!

Here is what made my day yesterday:

I had been thinking for a long time about starting a blog that would combine some of my main interests: cancer advocacy, philanthropy (in my former life I was a fundraiser), and celebrity pop culture. I wanted to write about celebrities (and other wealthy folk, and even some not as wealthy folk) giving their time, money, and other resources to non-profit organizations, in an effort to get the word out there that giving is good, and easy to do, and vitally important to more people than one can fathom.

But I was so overwhelmed at the thought of starting this venture. Where to even begin? How to get the word out? Etcetera.

So finally yesterday I did a Google blog search, just in case someone had already seized my idea (as is so often the case with blogs these days, considering the gazillions of them that are out there)... and lo and behold, I came upon this:

Look to the Stars! A fantastic blog started by a husband and wife team, containing a vast online library of celebrities and their charities, as well as the last news in celebrity giving, all in a really well-written and fun-to-read format.

I emailed the editors immediately, offering to help them in any way that I could. I heard right back from them, and will be starting to write for them soon! I am so excited to add another dimension to my blogging experience. Not to mention the fact that I will be able to indulge in my fondness for pop culture and do some good while I'm at it!

Take a moment to check it out. And keep your eyes peeled for my byline, coming soon!

No comments: