Friday, July 18, 2008

So Much to Learn, So Little Time

All of a sudden it's late July, and I am heading back to the States to visit my family (and, fingers crossed, procure my student visa). My school year is fast approaching, and I am trying not to get cold feet as I ponder jumping into my year-long MBA program two months from now. Instead, I think about these past months - my "independent study time" as I have called them, when I'm not calling myself a lady of leisure or domestic goddess. I almost wish I could say I have gotten bored, or am ready for more structure in my life. But the truth is, this time has been amazing for me and I'm not ready to let it go.

I still have so much to learn! I still have so many books to read! As I began packing to head home, I must have cycled through four or five different cancer books to take on the plane, all of which I want to have under my belt before I start school (and thus no longer have time for any reading other than school reading... sigh). Then I signed into Amazon and ordered another one. Will I have time to do all this reading? No. But I will get to it all eventually, and chronicle it here.

In other news, I was able to interview Sherry Lansing, the former CEO of Paramount Pictures who is working on Stand Up To Cancer. The interview will be published on Look to the Stars soon, and I can't wait for it to be out there in cyberspace! So keep your eyes peeled...

Must get back to packing. Maybe then I'll have some time to read.

No comments: